Monday, February 25, 2013

Underneath A Highway

Sometimes, when you think you've seen it all, something weird will present itself and surprise you. I remember walking along the shore near this highway, and the sun was angled in a manner that allowed me to peer inside the highway's interior. Since I saw graffiti, I knew that it was accessible at one point.

Then, driving by one day, I discovered that the padlocked door had been blasted open, making this spot, which appears to have been untouched since the late 90s, available to explore.

Bringing a flashlight would have made this site much nicer. Instead, I had to jump over puddles of indecipherable depth to prevent my shoes from being sucked into the mud. As I went further down the cavernous space, the walls got lower and lower until I was practically squatting.












No comments:

Post a Comment